Monday, July 19, 2010

Cinema Memoir #53

The Witches (August 24th, 1990)

Not a bad movie, although I don't know a whole lot of people who'd agree with that. But that's ok . . . guilty pleasure i guess.

My grandma took me to see this movie, which just so happens to feature a boy and his grandma on a witch hunt. It was a good experience. Every time I see this movie I think of her.

Anjelica Huston is pretty awesomely creepy as the grand high witch. It also features the kid who played Kevin Buckman, the whiny son from Parenthood. He was also one of the lost boys in Hook . . . and that's pretty much it according to imdb. Kind of makes you wonder what these kid actors are doing today.

Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) is also in it, playing a rather straight forward hotel manager.

Here's the trailer.

(Image from impawards.com)

No comments: